A DBS Check refers to the Disclosure and Barring Services, these checks are essential when hiring new recruits as it gives your organisation piece of mind you’re recruiting the best talent.
What are DBS Checks?
A DBS Check refers to the Disclosure and Barring Services. It is a type of criminal record check that shows any spent or unspent convictions, cautions, warnings or reprimands the applicant has, as well as any other relevant details held by the applicant’s local police force.
An Enhanced Disclosure may also include a check of the children’s and/or adults’ barred list if the applicant is eligible.
How is it used?
Users of the Recruitive ATS will have the option to send a request for a DBS check to be carried out against candidates in one click. At the point of completion of the verification process, the DBS check provider will transfer their notification of results back into the Recruitive ATS, and the results/report will be automatically uploaded against the originating candidate’s record.
Upon notification of a ’Clear’ DBS check, users will be notified, and a ’Clear’ icon will show against the candidate’s record. A report detailing any anomalies will be available to review from within the Recruitive ATS, under the candidate’s profile.
What are the benefits?
Integrating DBS Checks into your recruitment process has multiple benefits, including but not limited to:
• Make safer recruitment decisions & prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups
• Confidence & further reassurance within your recruitment process
• A better perception of your brand
• An added layer of protection
What are the extras?
There are multiple DBS Checking options, you can:
• Completely branded to your organisation
• Set up Basic, Standard, or Enhanced DBS Checks
• You can also carry out additional checks such as Right to Work, DVLA Check, Adverse Credit, & additional Identity Checks
Discover more with our DBS Check resources!
Download our DBS Checks factsheet for a shareable resource, or watch our short video for a quick overview. Arrange a call with us to learn more about our DBS Checks module and ask for a FREE demo.