The Importance Of Using Data and Reporting When Recruiting
The most essential aspect of any business is being able to access data and make reporting as quick and accurate as possible, especially when recruiting and building a candidate talent pool. Traditionally, recruiters and hiring teams only assumed hiring methods were effective, but now, with access to a wealth of software and analytics tools available on the market, anyone can create a data-driven recruiting process.
Data-driven recruiting allows you to make informed hiring decisions, from selecting candidates to creating hiring plans and reporting on team productivity. Often recruiting teams that use data are more likely to be efficient, reduce costs and improve their hiring.
Benefits of using data and reporting
Using data in your hiring process increases your quality of hire. Data-driven recruiting also helps you:
- Allocate and wisely spend your budget to determine which recruiting channels bring in the most qualified candidates.
- Increase productivity and efficiency which can help to speed up specific stages of your time-to-hire.
- Unearth hiring issues, tweak interview questions or redesign your page. As well as look at candidate demographics to see if you are unwittingly discriminating against protected groups.
- Benchmark and forecast your hiring to see how many applicants you typically need to make one hire.
- Make the case for recruiting process improvements and know how to invest department budgets.
Our reporting functions have been developed to provide recruiters, HR directors, HR managers and line managers with quick, multiple reports to accurately report on the whole recruitment process.
You can report on the best sources of applications, the speed of the process to highlight bottlenecks, to the diversity of your applicants. Dashboard reports can be exported to Microsoft Excel and Adobe PDF documents and all reports have search parameters allowing the user to filter data with ease.
Standard reporting features and functions:
- Candidate source report
- Average time to hire report
- Candidate progress report
- Candidate count report
- Active jobs by user report
- Average response report
In addition to our standard features, see our extra reporting tools:
Hiring Manager Reports
This report looks at the number of candidates at specific progress options per job for each job linked to a hiring manager’s record in the main system; you can filter by individual hiring managers.
Employer Recruitment Reports
This report shows the jobs which have been posted, their current status and how many applications which can be filtered by date ranges, users or a specific job title.
Our diversity questionnaire can help you report on ethnic origin, whether they are considered to have a disability, their age group, religion, sexual orientation, occupation and gender.
To learn more about reporting tools or our Applicant Tracking Software, get in touch with our team and book a consultation.
Share this post and follow us on social media!
Like our blogs? Sign up for our newsletter