Recruitment presents a whole raft of problems for large organisations, Recruitive looks at these problems and provides the solution
Smaller enterprises have it easy when it comes to recruitment, although to them it doesn’t seem like a walk in the park. They don’t have a dedicated HR Department to handle incomings and outgoings. They have to advertise a position then sift through the applications to form a shortlist, then bring the people on that shortlist in for an interview or two. When they finally settle on the one candidate that stands out, they hope they’ve chosen the right one otherwise they must start the whole process over again. If they do have to start again this will cost them time and money and, let’s face it, time is money when you are competing against the big boys and trying to stay both relevant and financially afloat.
As organisations grow, the difficulties involved in recruitment grow with them. The problem is smaller companies may only recruit one person a year to meet demand, maybe one person every couple of years depending on their rate of growth and staff turnover. Larger organisations, on the other hand, may need to hold one or more recruitment drives per year, often looking for a large number of new recruits to cope with high staff turnover or entire departments being shuffled or newly formed to cope with new demands or expansion.
Organisations such as the Civil Service, the emergency services, the various arms of the military and hospitals have to deal with a great many comings and goings all year round. Some companies are spread out geographically over a number of sites both in the UK and overseas which complicates things when keeping an eye on staff numbers, especially for multinationals. The Care Sector is a prime example of an industry with a considerable turnover of staff and year-round recruitment.
Universities are beginning to realise the benefits of adding a proper careers website for their alumni, allowing them to forge stronger links with local businesses and giving their graduates an excellent opportunity as they set off down their career paths.
The difficulties faced by large organisations when it comes to recruitment are many and varied, so let’s take a look at a few of them that you have no doubt already encountered:
- You need fresh faces to replace those that have left or to add to and complement your existing team. It’s not easy attracting the best talent because there is so much competition out there. You have an amazing company website but your careers section leaves a lot to be desired. It might be a list of vacancies that may or may not be current or just a contact form. It’s dull, slow, doesn’t carry your company branding or redirects off somewhere else and you suffer a lot of drop-off of potential candidates.
- Your careers website is not compatible with mobile devices. There’s no option for them to upload documents such as their CV etc. People lead busy lives and are always on the go, you need to keep up with them.
- How are you supposed to collect all their relevant documents? There are so many applicants for so many vacancies, how do you keep track of what documents are outstanding and where do you store them all when you’ve got them?
- How do you keep track of all these applicants and how far along they are in their applications? Are you going to continue collating data on spreadsheets and sharing it at meetings at the end of the month? Candidates have other offers and they’re not going to wait for you to get your act together.
- How do you expect to keep lines of communication open between all of the stakeholders: HR, upper management, department heads and the candidates themselves? How do you keep everyone updated?
- The best candidates have been offered the jobs they applied for but how do you bring so many on board at the same time? There’s just so much paperwork to be done. You need to issue letters, documents, contracts, put together welcome packs…
It’s okay, we understand. Whatever your recruitment problems are you can rest assured that Recruitive has the answers you are looking for. Take a look at what we offer:
- Attractive engaging mobile compatible careers website
- Automated online Applicant Tracking Software
- Data and document collection from mobile
- Integration with DBS providers
- Integration with Medigold for health checks
- Dedicated area to share and collate candidate info
- Onboarding system enabling:
- creation of document and letter templates
- automated reference requests
- contract generation
- …and much more