An Applicant Tracking System or ATS for short does exactly what it says on the tin, tracks applicants.
It is a one-stop-shop for recruiters providing the functionality to source, scan, filter, shortlist, interview and manage all correspondence in one place.
What is great about an ATS is its there to make life simpler. No need for multiple applications, or inputting data into a spreadsheet. Everything is stored and managed within the cloud system, which is secure and GDPR compliant.
And with many businesses receiving hundreds of applications every day for their openings, it is no wonder they are an invaluable tool for hiring teams.
Why use an ATS?
There is a long list of benefits to using an Applicant Tracking System, but the main are as follows.
- It saves money
- It saves time
- You can have your recruitment all in one place
- It provides reporting functionalities
- It future proofs your hiring methods
- It improves candidate experience & engagement
- Enables you to easily communicate, and manage tasks between stakeholders
- It provides more hiring control
- You can build up your own talent pools
- It enables you to recruit in-house
- It ensures you meet GDPR regulations
- It helps you to meet your recruitment goals
- It makes your recruitment process seamless
How Do I Invest?
An applicant tracking system is suitable for businesses of all sizes. With lots of providers on the market, the are plenty of solutions available. Do your research and take the opportunity to explore a trial period or book a demo with eligible providers.
What Should I Look for in a Provider?
When looking for a provider, you not only want to find one that is within your budget but one that delivers the solution you require. Primarily, avoid off the shelf solutions, go with a provider that can offer a solution which is bespoke to you.
For more information on how to pick the perfect provider, read our blog post here.
For more blogs, subscribe to our newsletter!